Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Company's Coming!

We have been crazy busy the last 6 days, and the next 4 don't look much calmer. We have a revolving door for company with so many things going on. We have had some great friends getting married with 2 weddings, attended a family reunion, and welcomed a new Kindergarten teacher to St. Paul's. Nicole and her parents joined us for dinner Friday night, how nice to get to know them better!

BEEF TIPS A'LA ANN!
3 lbs stew meat (I used sirloin cut into 1" cubes)
2 cans of cheddar cheese soup
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 soup can of water

My friend Ann recommended this recipe, her directions were:
"Put in a crock pot about 8 hours, enjoy!"

Because I used sirloin, my recipe did not have to cook as long. After lunch I started the slow cooker on medium/low for 1 1/2 hrs. I then turned it to low for another 2 hrs. My meat was tender so I just unplugged it and left it until it was time to use it. I cooked wide egg noodles to serve it on. We had a LOT left over, and there were 7 people at dinner. I will make a half batch next time. It was delicious, thanks Ann!

No comments: