Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ba-nanas

I found a new banana bread recipe and it's really really really great!!!

My poor bananas have been waiting patiently 3 days now, crying out to me to make them into something. Why is it that as soon as you get bananas home from the grocery store, they already seem to be getting dark? I buy green bananas, really green ones, but they still ripen at the speed of light.

I have tried different bread recipes and often they turn out dry and without much flavor. I googled the Pioneer Woman just for fun to see what she had, and voila there it was. This was a large recipe, and the kicker?? You bake it in a bundt pan of all things! The were two things I didn't like about the recipe, no vanilla extract and no walnuts. I of course, fixed that. Please give this one a shot, I loved it.

BANANA BREAD

2 sticks butter (I used Imperial margarine)
1 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
3 whole eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
4 cups + 2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups walnuts

Preheat oven to 350* Grease and flour bundt pan or use a spray for baking and coat it generously.

Cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating for a few seconds after each addition. Add mashed bananas and vanilla, beat together.

Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients and sour cream alternately to the mixing bowl. Beat well until all is combined, then stir in walnuts.

Pour into bundt pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool for 10 minutes, then invert on a cooling rack and allow cake to cool slightly before slicing and serving with softened butter.

1 comment:

annie56 said...

i will be using fleischman's no salt (no dairy) and tofutti better than sour cream in mine.... but i cannot wait to try this recipe!