Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Brunch n Football

Saturday the Huskers played early, 11AM. I decided it would be fun to do a brunch thing instead of the usual game fare. I looked and looked for an egg recipe, then realized how short of time I was. I had to make a decision, fast! I fell back on a quick recipe, Breakfast Burritos. I was zooming to HyVee to pick up a prescription at 10AM and still didn't have eggs ready...stress! I hit the sausage aisle and found a new Jimmy Dean precooked sausage crumbles, awesome! I then headed for eggs and saw the egg beaters on sale too! I got one with seasonings already in it, so when I got home it was super fast, no eggs to crack. Nancy brought caramel rolls and cookies, I had apples and caramel dip. Of course we had a mimosa or two. By the way, the Huskers WON! GO BIG RED!!

Breakfast Burritos
flour tortillas
eggs, scrambled
sausage or bacon cooked and crumbled
cheddar cheese, grated (or any blend you like)
diced green onion-optional
diced green pepper-optional
salsa

Be sure to warm the tortillas so you can fold them easier. I just put them on my smooth top stove to heat them up on a burner. Microwave is good too. Down the center spoon eggs, cheese and sausage. Anything else you like can be added. Be sure to leave some room at the bottom to fold it up or you'll have a real mess on your hands. We like ours with salsa, they were delicious! Nancy and Bill liked them too!

No comments: