Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Going - going - gone!

That's how I describe the month of March, where did it go?!? I'm smiling actually because it's that much closer to sunny days on the deck. We're growing sunflowers at school, I can't wait to plant the extra ones in our back yard.

I spent much of my day cleaning a giant hall closet that housed everything from sheets/towels to canned food/Tupperware/baking dishes...etc. I wish I could say I was finished, but I still need to go out and purchase some large tubs to store some things in. I'm going to enjoy knowing where things are, and getting the excess fun serving dishes out of the kitchen. I filled about 4 bags with things for Good Will, I hope this spurs me on to tackle the next project!

My friend Sarah, who lives in Miami, stopped by today for a visit this afternoon. I always enjoy our talks so much! Sarah is looking into some new job opportunities right now, what an exciting time in her life! Whatever she decides to do, I know God will bless her in immeasurable ways!

Today I'm posting a recipe for meatballs, these are great! I made them for my sons graduation party, as per his request. If this recipe is to large just cut it in half. I usually made it big and store the extras in the freezer.

BARBECUED MEATBALLS

3 lbs ground beef
1 12oz can evaporated milk
1 C oatmeal
1 C cracker crumbs
2 eggs
1/2 C chopped onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 - 2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp chili powder
2 C ketchup
1 C brown sugar
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Combine the ground beef, evap. milk, oatmeal, cracker crumbs, eggs, onion garlic powder, salt & pepper, and chili powder. Shape into walnut size balls and place in a single layer on waxed paper lined cookie sheets; freeze until solid. These can now be stored in a zip lock bag until you are ready to bake them. To make sauce combine ketchup, brown sugar, liquid smoke, and garlic powder. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Place frozen meatballs in a baking pan and pour on the sauce. I try not to have them to close together so they cook more evenly. Bake @ 350* for 50 - 60 min.

No comments: