Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Flowers, flowers, and a kit kat.


Hello to all! Today was the start of teacher appreciation week. I have to say I'm feeling very loved at the moment. Here are some of the flowers I received. There are 2 mums, a Gerber daisy, 3 roses, 2 carnations, 2 bunches of daisy's, 3 tulips, and a water pitcher full of pixie carnations. What a great idea to put them in that kind of a reusable container! I will definitely 'borrow' that idea. I also got a gazillion kit kat candy bars and a package of my new favorite chocolate candy from Hershey, they are called BLISS. Aptly named I must say. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! Last year we had a recipe day, and I heard that is not happening this year, they forgot about it. Tooooo bad!






And have you ever seen a better use of dandy lions in your life?? By the time I took this picture they were wilting, but when this came in they were bright yellow and sassy yet!


In honor of Cinco de Mayo I'm going to post a Mexican food recipe. I used to make this quite a bit, I'd kind of forgotten about it. By the way, thank you to those few brave souls that leave me a message on these pages. I love it when I have a comment waiting for me! I wondered if anyone was reading it at all which is why I put on the counter on the top right corner. Thanks for stopping by!

MEXICAN LASAGNA
1 1/2 lbs hamburger
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can tomato paste
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
flour tortillas
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
shredded lettuce
sour cream
salsa

Brown hamburger and onion;drain. Add taco seasoning, tomato paste, tomato sauce & water. Line baking dish with tortillas. Mix sour cream and beaten eggs. Layer hamburger, sour cream mixture, shredded cheese and tortillas. Repeat, ending with shredded cheese. Microwave for 6 minutes. Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce and top with sour cream and salsa.

2 comments:

Heather Lea said...

cute dandies! i think i will also "borrow" the water pitcher idea....it's perfect. :) you're the greatest mama for me, you know that? we're the same....

Meg Schudel said...

What a sweet post, LOVE the flowers especially the "dandies" as Heather (YOUR ENGAGED DAUGHTER!!!!) calls them.

Congrats on the pending son-in-law :) I am so happy for your family and our little Heather.