Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

On your mark, get set, go!

Today was not a day for the faint of heart. I managed to cross the finish line (classroom door) with 10 smiling preschool children holding 10 mother's day cook books and 10 brown bags stuffed with tissue paper and a very cute caterpillar refrigerator magnet! Sigh. Tomorrow I will do it again with 28 more smiling faces. Then I will RELAX!

The next ten days will bring 2 field trips, 38 assessment reports, end of year height and weight measurement, a review of our Bible stories from the entire year, printing out diplomas, having a picnic the last day, making graduation hats, putting together a power point and more final hugs than I care to think about. I truly miss my families when the year ends, I wish we had school all year long with breaks here and there.

I just re-read that last paragraph and it made me tired just thinking about it! I really haven't been sleeping well because of my abscessed tooth. The dentist can't get me in until the first part of June....great. I'm taking my mass quantities of ibuprofen whenever time allows, and I wish I could just get it over with. I don't love the idea of a root canal.

Last night I made a cake that was divine! I think that I have made it before, but it's been years. I highly recommend it if you love chocolate, caramel and nuts all mixed up.

Chocolate Turtle Cake

1 package devils food cake mix
1 bag (14oz) caramels
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350*. Grease bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan. Mix cake mix as directed on the box. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 25 min.

Meanwhile heat caramel and milk over medium heat about 10 min, stirring frequently until caramels are melted. Pour and spread caramel evenly over warm cake in pan. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips. Spread with remaining batter. Bake 25 minutes longer.

Run knife around the sides of the pan to loosen. Cool completely and store covered at room temp.

No comments: