Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Life is just a bowl of .....

Good morning everyone! It's almost noon, so the time to offer that greeting is almost gone. This is going to be another marathon week, I better get lots of rest and eat my chocolate ;-). Thursday I'm looking forward to my brother and sister-in-law coming for a visit, they will spend Easter here! It's always fun as we remember the good old days and listen to my dad tell stories of even earlier good old days. We are so blessed to have this family heritage alive and well.

I found a 'new to me' recipe that may be 'old to you' but I was kind of impressed with it. It was in my latest Taste of Home magazine that I took with me over the weekend on a short road trip. Don't worry, I wasn't reading while driving. It's another bar recipe that is so beautiful when you plate it because of the layers. It's similar in flavor to a Kit Kat candy bar, but richer. I doubt there will be many if any left by Thursday when the company arrives, so I'll have to make something else! Maybe you can try it for your guests.

Homemade Candy Bars

Homemade Candy Bars Recipe

Ingredients
  • 8 ounces Club crackers, divided (about 2 sleeves)
  • 1 cup butter, cut up
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Directions

  • Place a third of the crackers (about 25) in the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
  • In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the milk, graham cracker crumbs and sugars; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Pour half of the mixture over crackers, carefully spreading to cover. Place half of the remaining crackers (about 25) on top. Spread with remaining sugar mixture. Top with remaining crackers. (Now there are 3 layers of crackers)
  • In a small saucepan over low heat, stir peanut butter and chips until melted and smooth. Spread over crackers. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into small squares. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
I had to put mine in the fridge to harden up quicker, we were a bit impatient.

1 comment:

James said...

uuuughhhh thosr are sooooo good!!!!!