Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

We're potato people. Not potato heads, potato people.

When I think of March food, I of course think of corned beef - a favorite at our house! Cabbage, brussel sprouts, green beer, potatoes... See how I slipped in the beverage?? tricky :-)

In March of 2008 I posted a Party Potato recipe, and it's great! I found a similar recipe for you working girls/guys (myself included) that you can put together much faster since you don't have to cook the potatoes first. See what you think of this easy cheesy version a la' 2010!


PARTY POTATOES II

2 lbs frozen hash browns
1/2 cup grated onion
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup melted butter
1 16 oz sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients together and bake in a 9x13 pan @ 350* for 1 hour. (I'll bet you could do this in a slow cooker on low) Also, another version of this puts crushed cornflakes mixed with melted butter on top for a divine crunch factor!

No comments: