Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's up Doc?

It's been a busy week, busy but fun. Yesterday at school was a marathon day with so many activities! We painted shamrock pictures, planted seeds to grow in our window, did a scavenger hunt and the afternoon class also baked Irish soda bread. That along with our regular schedule made for busy little people!

One of the girls in the pm class walked in and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw a classmate wearing a sequin bow tie for St. Patricks Day. She said, "You look dapper!" and he looked at her with a puzzled look on his face. She proceeded to say, "Dapper is a fancy word for handsome!" You should have seen him puff up with confidence! She then continued to the back of the room to hang up her coat. I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Today is my wedding anniversary. Mike and I have been married for 32 years, how can that be possible? But when I think about my son being 29 and my daughter 26, it feels right. The big debate last evening when we went out for an Irish libation was where to eat tonight. We talked about driving to Columbus which is just a 45 min. drive, eating here somewhere or making our own. It just seems that on a special occasion you should be treated, but there's nothing more disappointing than going out for a special meal and it doesn't live up to your hopes. I'll let you know what we decide.

A couple of days ago I found THE BEST carrot cake recipe. I like cream cheese frosting but I think they are usually too sweet. This one is perfect in my world. I hope you will try it! I probably will make it again for Easter.

Carrot Cake

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
3 cups carrots, grated

Frosting:
1/4 cup butter
4 oz pkg light cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup coconut

Measure all ingredients and mix in a large bowl. Beat for 3 minutes. Pour into a 9x13 greased pan. Bake @ 350* for 35-40 min or till it tests done in the middle. If it's getting dark, cover loosely with foil last 10-15 min.

To make frosting cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla then add the powdered sugar till smooth. Fold in nuts and coconut, frost cake.

No comments: