Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Refrigerator Bran Muffins Rock!

My daughter just called me looking for a recipe. I am surprised I have not already done this one! When I worked in the office at the Jr. High School one of the teachers there brought these muffins in, I was hooked then and there. The best part is that you can mix them up and keep the batter in the fridge for about a month. bake a few fresh yummy muffs whenever the mood strikes you.

BRAN MUFFINS
1 15 oz box Raisin Bran cereal (boxes come 20 oz, just eyeball it)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
5 cups flour
5 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups nuts, chopped (pecans or walnuts)
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
1 cup dried dates, diced
1 cup melted margarine
4 eggs, beaten
1 qt buttermilk

Combine all of this in a mammoth bowl!! Stir well. I use paper liners in my muffin tin and use an ice cream scoop to make them the same size. Bake at 400* for 20-25 min.

I have cut back the nuts to two cups when I didn't have enough. Also I've played around with various dried fruits, craisins, etc... It's all good.

No comments: