Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nanner Nanner

Its my opinion that everything benefits from chocolate. If you want to substitute something else, knock yourself out!

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 cup canola oil (or veg. oil)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 bananas)
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips

In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. This is a thick batter, don't worry! Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350* for 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 min. before removing from pans to a wire rack.

My new favorite muffin! I didn't have plain yogurt, so I used key lime :o) it was fine. I always use an ice cream scoop to make them uniform in size. We always have bananas going bad on hand. Mike eats one every day, but we still can't seem to get through them before they turn. This recipe may cause me to buy a couple extra each time so I 'have to' make muffins.



1 comment:

Ashley said...

I just made these and used peanut butter chips....they're deelish!