Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Never met a brownie I didn't like.

Brownies. Cheesecake. Peanut butter. Toffee.



Imagine mixing these all together into one dessert. Got a picture in your head? I wasn't satisfied with just the picture, I had to get my grubby little hands on this concept. Mmmm. I love it when you can take a box of something, add more to it and end up with a new twist on an old idea. These brownies are splendid, amazing, d-lish! Try them.







Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies


1 box chocolate fudge brownie mix (19.5 oz)
1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup water

2 eggs

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1 cup toffee bits

1 1/2 cup milk chocolate baking chips

3 Tbsp heavy cream


Heat oven to 350*. Lightly spray 9x13 pan with no stick cooking spray.


In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes with spatula. Spread batter in pan; set aside.


In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with mixer on medium until fluffy. Add milk and peanut butter beating until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of toffee bits. Spoon mixture over batter evenly. This part takes some patience, use a small amount at a time, because it will not spread well on the raw brownie batter.



Bake 35-ish minutes, or until cheesecake layer is set and edges are light golden brown. Cool on rack for 30 min, then refrigerated another 40 min.


In small bowl microwave chocolate chips and cream 45 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake layer. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Stir covered in refrigerator.

They get pretty firm in the frig, so I would suggest taking them out about an hour before serving.


This is the pan fresh out of the oven, without the chocolate glaze on yet.










Here they are after, the glaze...is there a piece missing??



























2 comments:

L the mom said...

2 comments:
1st I did not double space it like that when I posted, I fixed it twice! sheesh. Come on blogspot!

2nd I forgot to put the toffee chips in with the cream cheese, etc. so I sprinkled them on top before I baked it. That's why the chunks.

Unknown said...

Yummy! It looks good and I have a peanut butter lover in the house :)