Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yet ANOTHER Coleslaw

I think summertime is the perfect stage for bringing out salads. If you like it, make it again. If not, don't look back. I didn't appreciate coleslaw when I was younger, I've learned to like it. I especially like it with fruit added. Check this out!

SUMMER COLESLAW
5 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper

Combine above ingredients in a large bowl with a snap on lid. Then combine ingredients listed below in a separate bowl. Refrigerate all until ready to serve. Combine just before it's time to serve stirring well.

1/2 cup mayo
1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
1 Tbsp grainy mustard
1 Tbsp honey
salt and pepper


No comments: