Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sea Food - Yum.

I don't know why I have never attempted bacon wrapped shrimp. Just the sight of it on a TV commercial makes me salivate. I love shrimp. I LOVE bacon. Combine the two ~ and you have a moment that makes the angels sing.....loudly!

We have a local market that sells frozen raw shrimp, these are bigger then you get in the bags. They have the shells on them yet, so they must be thawed then peeled. I seasoned them with some garlic powder and house seasoning. I use this Paula Deen house seasoning recipe for almost everything, I'll list the ingredients below.

Set the shrimp aside while you get the bacon ready. Each slice can be cut into 3 pieces, the idea is to wrap it with just enough so it can actually crisp up when cooked. You will need toothpicks to secure the bacon.

We debated using the George Foreman grill or grilling outside. Outside won, so we then slipped the shrimp onto wooden skewers to make it easier to flip them. Shrimp is done when it changes color. It doesn't take long, be attentive so that you don't overcook or you'll get rubber shrimp.

I didn't state amounts, you can decide how many you can eat, and the price of the shrimp may help you decide! Those big boys are pricey. You could always combine the shrimp with steak or chicken. It's all good.

  • House Seasoning:
  • 1 cup salt
  • 1/4 cup fresh ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup garlic powder
  • Store it covered.





  • No comments: