Pages

Monday, February 4, 2008

Deep in thought (about eggs?)



This is one of my favorite pictures! It's my dad and my dog, both very important to me. Don't they look like they are concentrating on something important?

My parents say that they have a rent a dog, when we go places they come over and "dog sit" miss madelyn. She loves them very much, it doesn't hurt that they bring her biscuits when they visit!

My dad likes to cook, he often puts together stews, soups, etc... in the slow cooker. He is very conscious of his health and what he can and cannot have. Often when I make something that may not be good for him he'll tell me, "My Dr. tells me I don't like that." He has a lot of will power, that's for sure. I guess that's how you get to be 86 years old and stay so active.

Mom & Dad go to the "office" every day for coffee. Actually the office is Target, they have a favorite booth where their friends all know they can find them. It's such a great social spot for them, and everyone knows them there. They are also able to get in their laps with their mall walker friends. Whatever they are doing it's working! Thank you God for family.

My recipe today is a fun way to make omelets for a crowd. Each person can add whatever ingredients they like, and it's a real time saver. Check it out!

ZIPPY OMELETS

Quart size Ziploc freezer bags, permanent marker, eggs, and a variety of ingredients for your omelets like cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, tomato, hashbrowns, salsa, etc...

Have each person write their name on a bag. Crack 2 eggs (no more) into each bag and shake it up. Then add in their choice of ingredients and mush it around again. Get all of the air out of the bag and zip it up.

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of water.

When finished boiling just open the bag and the omelet will roll right out. Watch out for steam. This is a great way for everyone to get their eggs at the same time exactly the way they want them, truly amazing! This originated as a camping recipe back in the day... hope you like it.

1 comment:

Meg Schudel said...

Linda!
These recipes look AMAZING! And I'm a single girl livin' in the city not knowing anyone so I really appreciate the fact that you're posting them! I plan to buy the groceries for and try out a couple of them this week (and I can't even believe you can make omelettes this way! Good work!
Take care and God bless!
Meg