Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Weddin' Day

In about an hour I am headed to a small town about 15 miles from here to sing for a wedding. I have done many weddings, I started at the age of 17 for a friend in high school. I did absolutely horrible and swore I would NEVER do it again, but with persuasion I did, again, and again, and again.... I don't know how many weddings, around a hundred I guess.

Life is ironic, I was just getting ready to tell you that after today I am never again going to sing for a wedding because it has been so stressful. I have worried myself silly these last two weeks because my voice is unpredictable. It will crack at times that are most inappropriate. You see, I have had acid reflux for many years and didn't realize it because I didn't have typical symptoms. My ENT explained to me that there are silent symptons that can show in sinus problems, which leads to coughing, which leads to a poor quality of vocal cords... yada, yada. That's my story in a nut shell.

And just as I'm typing this, the phone rings and it's my pastor asking me to sing for a funeral on Tuesday. Is God trying to tell me something? (sigh) Say a prayer for me if you read this before 4PM Saturday. I would really appreciate it.

I'm going to give you a fantastice chicken recipe today. It's one that I do repeat occasionally because we all love it so much.

PARMESAN CHICKEN

2/3 C instant mashed potato flakes
1/3 C parmesan cheese (from the dairy case)
3/4 tsp garlic salt

2 1/2 - 3 lbs. of chicken (cut up whole chicken or breasts, what ever you like)
1/3 C margarine - melted

Combine the potato flakes, cheese and garlic salt on a plate and set aside. After rinsing the chicken - dry with a paper towel and dip the chicken pieces into the melted margarine and then roll it in the potato flake mixture. Place the chicken on a baking sheet that has been coated with a nonstick spray. Bake @ 375* for 45-60 min. depending on how big your chicken pieces are.

The little crispies that stick to the pan are my favorite part, SOOOO good.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I don't know if you'll ever see this comment since it's made so far back, but THANK YOU for posting this recipe! I love your blog and so glad you take the time to share your good cookin', good lookin'!

Love,

Meg