Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday without the sun

It is very cold again today. I promise to not take for granted any future days that have sunshine, and temps over 50* for the rest of my life! Who am I to question God and his gift of a new day, even if it is cold?!?

I'd like to apologize for past, present and future spelling errors on this blog. I tend to type very quickly and my spell check does not work. It could have something to do with the fact that my iMac is really old and often the OS (operating system) doesn't jive with all of the programs I want to run. Any way, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I'm headed to our mall today for a book fair for the children in our community. Our church has a booth and I'm going to hang out for a couple of hours to see how many of my students (present and past) I can see. While I'm there, I might have to check out purses since that is another love of mine. Heather inherited that gene from her mum :-).

I looked at the past recipes and tallied how many desserts, main courses, & appetizers I had posted. Much to my surprise appetizers are dead last - and I really enjoy them! Today I will start to even things out with a recipe that you can keep in the freezer and then pop as many as you want in the oven for surpise guests, or just for yourself.

LITTLE CRABBIES

1 stick of butter
1 jar Old English cheese spread
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp mayo
1/2 tsp Accent
7 oz can crab meat
6 English muffins

Mix together butter, cheese, mayo, seasonings and crab meat. Spread this on the english muffins that have been split apart - so now you have 12 little muffins. Cut each circle into four pieces, then put them in the freezer until you are ready to bake them. Layer them with wax or parchment paper to keep them from sticking to each other.

Bake @400* for 20 min.

This recipe comes from my friend Ann, one of my card club buddies. You can't even imagine all of the fabulous food when we have cards once a month. I really think we should call it foodies anonymous.

Now this really is a bonus day, because I'm going to add a 2nd appetizer recipe. Yes, that's right..two for the price of one!

SNACK MIX

1 box Quaker oatmeal squares cereal (not the cinnamon flavor)
1 box Wheatables original crackers
1 jar dry roasted peanuts
1 bag pretzels
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
3/4 C vegetable oil

Combine the oatmeal squares, crackers, peanuts and pretzels in a large oven proof pan. Mix together the ranch powder and oil. Pour over the cereal mixture and bake in a 250* oven for 20 min. stirring a couple of times while it bakes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.

This recipe always reminds me of Heather playing high school fast pitch softball, we took it to every game and shared it with our friend Dean. We probably had more fun there than she did ;)
TTFN!

No comments: