Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

Mah-velous Monday

Today was a day off of school, but a productive work day for me in the classroom. I finally got my handbooks and registration packets in the mail for my Fall class. My registration filled up mid January for next September - but I never seem to get the information in the mail as quickly as I would like. I had to re-do my handbook since our prices are changing next year, and we're switching our format a bit. We're trying a 5 day afternoon class to help the children with their transition to all day kindergarten. I'm excited to see how it goes.

While I was gone Maddie the lazy dog slept all day on the couch. She totally missed the big snowflakes falling from the sky like someone picked us up and shook us inside a snow globe. Now it's just a crunchy cold afternoon with the promise of 2 or 3 inches of snow this evening.

I've been thinking about making cream puffs, but they don't keep well, and with just two of us here it seems silly. Over the weekend I made banana bread, 3 chocolate cookies, & raspberry granola bars. I think I really should not bake for a day or two...we'll need some time to absorb what's here!

I will give you a recipe for a dessert that would take care of my cream puff craving if I were to make it. This is one of those things that is best made for a larger group, it doesn't keep forever. I'm sure most of you have had it at one time or another.

CREAM PUFF DESSERT

1 C water
1 stick margarine
1 C flour
4 eggs
1 lg. package instant french vanilla pudding
3 C milk
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. cool whip (use later)
chocolate syrup " "

Boil water and margarine. Add flour mixing well, then cool slightly. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Put in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake 30 min. @ 400*. Cool completely. Mix pudding, milk and cream cheese; pour on puffy crust. Top with Cool Whip and drizzle with chocolate syrup.

No comments: