Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato, 4

My husband stayed home from work today because he wasn't feeling well. That might not sound like a big deal to many of you, but if you know Mike...that never happens. This is the man that went for 18 years with perfect attendance at work! It started yesterday afternoon with the chills, fever, a nasty upper respiratory situation, and basically he has been sleeping like Rip Van Winkle. I'm keeping him coherent with ibuprofen, musinex, power aid, NyQuil, and chicken noodle soup. I could see progress tonight, I hope he doesn't think he's going to work in the morning, I think he needs at least another day to rest up.

I was cooking for another Lent supper at our church tomorrow night. I did the Mostaccioli salad -again, I hate duplicating this soon, however I had all of the ingredients on hand and it just seemed to make sense. Also I made a pan of bars that smell mighty good right now. They have a yellow cake mix combined with an egg and some butter for the crust, and on top is a combination of eagle brand milk, an egg, toffee chips and pecans. I don't remember making this before, but maybe I'll remember it when I try a bite.

I haven't given any side dish recipes other than salads so far. I love potatoes cooked any way except for tater tots, don't ask me why?!? Here is a potato recipe that is so good, you'll have to try it sometime soon.

PARTY POTATOES

8-10 med potatoes
1 C sour cream
1 8 oz cream cheese
garlic salt
butter
paprika
chives

Cook potatoes and drain. Beat sour cream & cream cheese first at medium speed till well blended. Add hot potatoes gradually, beating until light and fluffy (add a little milk if to stiff). Season with garlic salt to taste, I'd say about 3/4 tsp. Spoon into a 2 qt. casserole and dot with butter. Sprinkle with paprika and chives. Bake 30 min @ 350*. This can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator until time to bake, but increase baking time to 1 hour.

I got this recipe from a teachers conference that I attended in Omaha. One of the nice church ladies shared it with me!

1 comment:

Meg Schudel said...

This dish could be it's own food group, it's AMAZING! My mom makes it with steak and it's DIVINE. Good call Mama Mullen!