Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ready to bust!

I feel like I have done nothing but eat, eat, eat this weekend. Friday night we kicked it off since James came home for the weekend. Hot wings, artichoke crab dip, queso dip, plus other little nibbles. Saturday lunch was spent at Culver's with the grandparents, Saturday night was a wildly successful corned beef brisket in my slow cooker! Today was a birthday lunch for my brother at Whiskey Creek, and now....I'm ready to bust. In between we had a new rice Krispie log thingie, chocolate fondue with pound cake & fruit, and lots of great coffee. Life is good.

There is a promise of weather in the 50's starting tomorrow and through the week. Hallelujah! Counting down the days until Spring, 12 I believe?!?

Today's recipe is extra special! It's from my friend Molly and it's fabulous. It's hard to categorize, it's a salad but so sweet and decadent I think I use it more as a dessert. I guarantee that you will have people asking you for this recipe.


GRAPE SALAD
2# green seedless grapes
2# red seedless grapes
Wash the grapes and pick out any bad ones, dry well.

8 oz cream cheese - room temp
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix together and gently fold in the dried grapes.

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pecans - broken into small pieces
These will be used as you layer the salad.

In a glass bowl place 1/3 of the grape mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the brown sugar
and 1/3 of the pecans. Repeat so that you have 3 layers ending with brown sugar and
pecans on top.

When I made this I didn't use a full cup of brown sugar, I just used the amount I wanted.
This salad tends to get watery the 2nd day so prepare it just before serving. I like to serve it in a clear glass bowl because the layers are so pretty.

No comments: