Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

It's March 23rd already, it's been a L-O-N-G time since I posted. My computer was down for about 3 days, I can't believe how hard it was to go without Internet for that long. Perhaps I need to go to a group for people who suffer from Internet withdrawal.

A lot has happened in the last few days. The new reality TV season is under way for BACHELOR and DANCING WITH THE STARS. A good friend of mine had a car accident, she's fine I'm happy to report. Another friend has accepted a teaching job in Wisconsin. A third friend is having a baby tomorrow!!! My life is pale in comparison, but I'm OK with that.

My kids (+1) just went back to Lincoln after a fun weekend. I packed them up with leftovers, including a dessert bar that is never going to make the trip back looking very pretty. Now I'm thinking that a nap sounds divine - but first things first!

Friday night I made a turkey breast for my kiddos, so Saturday I used the leftovers and made this sandwich stuff that was tastey.

Cheesy Turkey Sandwiches

6 cups shredded turkey
1/2 cup mayo
1/3 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped celery
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. Velveeta cut into cubes

Combine all of the ingredients and put into a casserole dish and warm in a 250* oven for an hour. This can easily be doubled if you have a lot of leftovers. This is enough to fill 8 to 10 hamburger buns.

I hope your Easter celebration was wonderful. We were blessed to have 10 very special people here to share it with us. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

nate eigsti said...

I will vouch to all readers - this recipe is great! I was fortunate to eat a "few" of these sandwiches this weekend. They're best hot from the oven, but I snacked on one after it had cooled down...and it still was pretty darn tasty!