Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

March-ing halfway through the month

This has been a very busy week. My friend Sarah from Omaha got engaged on Monday, I'm really excited for her! Wednesday was our last supper at church for the Lent season, the parents of the grade school children served, it was great. Today I didn't have school, but I visited another educators' classroom for professional growth - worked for about 5 hours, got my haircut, and now I'm home doing laundry. Yippee. We've eaten the last of the corned beef dinner, and are looking forward to the weekend.

I've been talking to my dad and he has that horrible upper respiratory junk going around. I hope he goes to the Dr. tomorrow, the way he sounds it could turn into pneumonia pretty quickly. Please say a prayer for him to regain his strength, he's 86 and doesn't need any more complications in his life. He and my mom have a booth at target that he calls "the office" where all of his friends stop by each day. They have a very busy social life.

Today's fun food item is a cheesecake in a bar form. If you are a cheese head, you'll like this one!

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE BARS

Crust:
2/3 C firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped nuts, walnuts or pecans
2 cups flour
2/3 cup margarine - melted

Mix together the brown sugar, flour and nuts. Stir in melted margarine until blended. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture for topping and pat the remainder in a 10x15 greased pan. Bake @ 350* 12-15 min.

Filling:
2 - 8oz cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 -12oz bag mini chocolate chips

With an electric mixer combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add milk, eggs and vanilla until blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and spread over the baked crust. Sprinkle the reserved topping crumbs over and bake for another 30 min or until set. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments: