Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Go BIG RED!

I have to say that I have always been a Panther fan, my high school team that I have never forsaken! However at this very moment I am watching Norfolk Catholic girls basketball in the last game of the tournament, and these girls (wearing red) have made an amazing comeback. They have a 2 point lead with less than a minute left. This is what tournament games are all about! I have 4 previous preschool students on the team, including the girl who holds the school record for scoring. They have had the rug pulled out from under them at this very game the last two years, I hope this is their year to shine. IT IS!!! They have won 52-50, what a proud day for the city of Norfolk.

I'm headed to the mall to check out the sale racks. The most incredible bargain of my life may be waiting there for me. I had to wait until the game was over to really keep my mind on the task.

I ran across a recipe for tuna casserole that I reinvented. I have always loved tuna casserole but most people seems to mention it with a look of disdain. I think that if you try this old time comfort food you may become a fan as well.

Enjoy this beautiful weather today!

TUNA CASSEROLE

6-8 oz elbow macaroni or wide egg noodles - cook and drain
6 1/2 oz. can tuna - drain
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup celery - sliced
1/3 cup onion - chopped
1/4 cup green pepper - chopped
1/2 tsp. salt & pepper
1/2 tsp. celery salt
10 1/2 oz cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
8 oz shredded cheese (med. cheddar or 1/2 cheddar and 1/2 mozzarella)
a hand full of crushed potato chips for the top

Combine all and pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake 425* for 20 min.
4 servings

No comments: